Home      Contact    Jobs   Training     Join     

Background Check Service Center

  If you are need a background check for TWIC or hazmat endorscement, contact VFDA at 802-223-7750.

VFDA can help you get a Hazmat Endorsement (HME)

or Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).

Click here for directions to the VFDA office.

Applicants must bring a notarized birth certificate or passport in addition to a driver's license.  Payment methods include a debit or credit card, company checks or money orders (payable to IDEMIA). No personal checks or cash is accepted.  Hazmat fees are $86.50, TWIC fees are $125.25.  You can pre-register for HME, TWIC, or TSA Pre✓ online with TSA at universalenroll.dhs.gov.

If you have a CDL or employ someone who does, you must be in a drug and alcohol testing program.

The VFDA Program will keep you in compliance with federal and state laws.

More information here.

What is the FMCSA Commercial Driver’s License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse?

The Clearinghouse is a secure online database that will give employers, FMCSA, State Driver Licensing Agencies, and State law enforcement personnel real-time access to important information about CDL driver drug and alcohol program violations.

Click here to learn more.


Click here to download compliance bulletin.

Click here to read step by step instructions on how to register.

Click here to download the FMCSA Slide Deck.